Deadline: June 14, 2017
CDC Group are looking to recruit a Head of Network to lead The Africa List team in its mission to develop the next generation of private sector leaders as the network deepens and expands to new countries across Africa.
Background to Role
- CDC has been building businesses in Africa for 70 years. We know that the quality of leadership, more than any other single factor, determines whether a company succeeds or fails. If we are to see Africa thrive in the coming decades, we will need a generation of emerging leaders who are equipped for the challenges ahead. The Africa List is a new kind of community designed with exactly these needs in mind. This community brings together the continent’s next CEOs and helps them build enduring businesses that drive economies.
- Every quarter, The Africa List holds events in each of our target countries. Because of our belief in the power of relationships, we have always placed a strong emphasis on the importance of bringing people together. Even in today’s connected world, where so much of our communication is virtual, nothing can replace the power of face-to-face interactions and genuine conversations.
- Each event we host is unique and ranges from a fire-side chat with senior experienced business leaders, to classroom sessions delivered by the world’s top business schools. This provides a space for our members to step away from their busy day-to-day lives, connect with each other, share ideas, and develop further as leaders. You will be spearheading these interactions and leading the continued expansion of the continent’s most useful business network.
- For further information on The Africa List, see www.theafricalist.com
Your Challenge – Sustain + Scale
A highly focused and trusted network has been built in each of The Africa List countries. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day running of this existing network while enhancing its long-term sustainability. Importantly, you will also be leading the next phase of growth and will be exploring innovative ways to do more with The Africa List as we help ensure the continent’s next business leaders are best prepared to drive growth over the coming decade.
- Sustain the network in existing countries
- Coordinating the selection process
- Oversee the design and management of multiple events across Africa
- Create ongoing leadership and management education opportunities
- Direct the network’s content and marketing strategy
- Team and budget
- Scale The Africa List
- Country expansion
- Shared insights
- Engage New Partners
- Shape the Vision for the next 5 years
- Collaborate with the broader CDC Africa team and other sector, regional, and investment professionals within CDC.
- Maintain current market knowledge
- Sensitively but proactively find ways to connect CDC with the leaders and companies that make up The Africa List
- Proven track record of successfully leading small teams on big visions;
- In depth knowledge of business in Africa with very close links to the continent, ideally having grown up and worked in Africa;
- Significant business experience, including in an international environment;
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to interact seamlessly with numerous people, from business school faculty to a country’s most senior business leaders;
- Excited by the opportunity to live in London and spend significant time in some of Africa’s fastest growing economies;
- Demonstrable alignment with the wider CDC mandate, mission and values;
- An active interest in investing in leadership in Africa as a critical path to private sector growth;
- Appreciation of the value in networks backed by a strong personal network that spans international corporates, business schools and leading African organisations;
- Experience in facilitating market relevant training that boosts skill development;
- Great eye for creative communications;
- Sound knowledge of social media and other online tools and resources that increase member engagement;
- Flexibility and desire to work in a start-up environment with a small team, while benefiting from the scale and reach of CDC
To Apply, visit CDC Recruitment.
Find out more information here- CDC Recruitment.